Privacy-sensitive data can be processed via the website www.letsgetrunning.co.uk. This information is called personal data. We consider the handling of personal data of great importance. Personal data are therefore carefully processed and secured by us. Our employees and third parties’ partners are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your data. Any changes to the website may result in changes to this privacy statement.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
In our processing of data, we comply with the requirements of the privacy law. That means, among other things, that we:
- clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this via this privacy statement
- try to limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for the set purposes
- first ask for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and require the same of parties that process personal data on our behalf
- respect your right to provide your personal data for inspection, correction or deletion
Use of personal data
When using our website, you give us certain information. That may be personal data. Personal data are collected by us in different ways. For example, you can order articles through our website, where we ask you to provide us with some personal details to complete the order.
You can also create an account on our website to facilitate orders in the future. Also when viewing our website on various devices such as a smartphone, a tablet, or a computer etc., personal data are collected.
It is also possible that you approach us with questions and/or complaints by email, social media messaging or telephone. In that case we will contact you to handle the question or complaint. Finally, it is possible that we collect information from you through competitions, and other marketing activities you have taken part in.
In addition, data can also be collected via social media channels (such as Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram), for example when you contact us to ask questions. In that case, we only use your account name so that we can respond to your message.
When you use our website, we can process the following data (also depending on the data you fill in yourself by, for example, placing an order, participating in competitions or by creating an account):
- Name and first name(s)
- Billing address
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Technical details of the equipment you use (eg. from your smartphone, laptop, tablet), such as IP address, MAC address and the software used
- Your surfing behaviour on the website, including mouse and click behaviour and the duration and time of your visit on our website
- Payment details
- Purchase history
- Login details of your account
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services Specifically, we may use data:
- to offer you the possibility to order articles via our website and to make use of all functionalities and services on the website
- to process your order and inform you about its progress
- to communicate with you by sending newsletters
- to process your data for possible participation in competitions and other actions, so that we can reach you when you have won something
- to answer your questions or to treat your complaints via social media, e-mail, by mail or by telephone
- for our own internal records
- to improve the products and services we provide
- to customise the website for you
- to send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
Let's Get Running collects and processes these Personal Data, which are provided by the visitor/ customer as stated in this agreement, via permissions or justified interest.
The provision of this Personal Information for the purchase is mandatory and a necessary condition to conclude an agreement with Let's Get Running. If this information is not provided, Let's Get Running may not be able to meet the obligations that we have under your agreement or we cannot adequately enable you to meet your own obligations.
Your data will be stored for up to seven years after making a purchase for analysis purposes and commercial purposes.
Provision to third parties
Let's Get Running will, in certain cases, if necessary for the implementation of the purposes included in this Privacy Statement, pass on personal data to third parties.
- Hosting party of the website including the developer and our online marketing agency
- Payment provider, for taking care of payments and refunds
- Review partner, for inviting customers for a review of the purchased product or service
Furthermore, we will not provide the information provided by you to other parties if you have not given permission for this, unless this is legally required or permitted. For example, it is possible that the police will request information from us in the context of fraud investigations. In that case, we are legally obliged to provide this information.
If you have given permission for this, we can send you our newsletter. With every communication along this route an opt-out option is included if you no longer have interest in our newsletter. You can also submit your unsubscribe via our e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer's hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
We take measures to protect the technical information collected by our use of Google Analytics. The data collected will only be used on a need to know basis to resolve technical issues, administer the Site and identify visitor preferences; but in this case, the data will be in non-identifiable form. We do not use any of this information to identify Visitors or Users.
We will always hold your information securely. To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Security of personal data
Let's Get Running gives great importance to the security of Personal Data. We are also required by law to ensure the proper security of your Personal Data. For this reason, we have taken the following appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your Personal Data:
- Personal data are stored securely at suppliers with whom Let's Get Running has concluded a processing agreement
- Establishing a procedure for testing, assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of the security measures at regular intervals
- It is possible in a physical or technical incident to timely restore the availability of and access to the Personal Data
Let's Get Running uses certified SSL connections (the Secure Socket Layer - Protocol) for the website during the ordering process and all contact forms
Changes to this privacy statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time. It is therefore advisable to consult this privacy statement regularly, so that you are aware of these changes.
Controlling information about you
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.letsgetrunning.co.uk / www.letsgetrunning.nl domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
Clicking "Unsubscribe" in the newsletter email.
Send an email to email@example.com
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Let's Get Running
104b Marsala Road
SE13 7AF, United Kingdom